Search This Blog

2016-03-17

Interesting links and texts from previous years on my Facebook: 17/3



Jeg vet at Wikipedia nesten alltid har mer informasjon på sine engelske sider enn i den norske utgaven - men til og med når det gjelder særnorske artister som Jaa9 & OnklP som kun rapper på norsk? Merkelig.

På norsk: http://goo.gl/YVfemQ
På engelsk: http://goo.gl/DQy4Do


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Big personal questions I'm asking myself these days, after living in four different countries:

1) What do I want from my surroundings? What kind of culture, nature and experiences? What aspects of the local culture?

2) If you find a partner from another culture, does it mean your relationship won't be as tight/well-founded as with someone who knows your culture and references better?

3) I like kids, but should I have kids myself? I think so, but is that only a biological or also a cultural urge?

4) Developmentally, where am I in life's stages? Are different parts of my psychology in different stages?

5) How do you find really good friends after a certain age/stage?

6) What does friendship really mean after a certain age/stage? Is friendship mostly based on mutual values, experiences, cultural references - or a more practical base of more time spent together and living close to each other?

7) Why only live in one place? If I split my time between two places/countries/continents, how would that affect my life?


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


If you for some reason are feeling sorry for yourself, spend 10 minutes to view this TED talk by Amy Purdy: http://goo.gl/O8J4C

When she was 19, she lost both her legs below the knee - today she's a world champion female adaptive snowboarder, and a founder of a non-profit organization dedicated to introducing people with physical challenges to action sports.

If you still feel her situation doesn't apply to you, read this quote:
"Instead of looking at our challenges and limitations as something negative, we can begin to look at them as blessings - magnificent gifts that can be used to ignite our imaginations, and help us go further than we ever knew we could go.When I lost my legs, I had no idea what to expect. But if you ask me today if I would ever wanna change my situtation, I would have to say 'no'. Because my legs haven't disabled me, if anything they have ENABLED me. They forced me to rely on my imagination and to believe in the possibilities."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


By the way, if you plan to see Luc Besson's epic "Le Grand Bleu" ("The Big Blue"), make sure you get the French version.

For the American market, they shortened the film by 15 minutes (including cursing and nudity), changed the ending and REPLACED Eric Serra's score with one by Bill Conti. Talk about butchering the director's creative vision, eh?

And if you can, try to find the 168 minutes extended version, I seem to remember it feels more complete than the original 132 minutes cut.
Post a Comment